Temporary Residents

Are you currently away from home and staying in our area?

If you are away from home and require medical advice or treatment you can register at any medical practice that covers the area you are temporarily living in.

Short Term Stay - Up to 3 months

If you are moving out of area for a short period of time you do not need to re-register.

You can register temporarily with any doctor in the area you are staying, provided that your stay is for no more than 3 months. After 3 months you will be removed from their system without it affecting your registration at your permanent area.

You will be asked to fill in a short form giving details of your current doctor and both you home and temporary addresses. This is to enable the practice to notify your doctor that you have recieved treatment elsewhere.

Long Term Stay - 3 months+

If you are planning to stay for longer than 3 months then you should register permanently with a doctor covering your area so that they can obtain your notes to enable them to give you the highest quality of care.

Additional Information

If you just need advice, you can communicate by telephone with your regular doctors practice who can advise you if you need to seek medical help in the place where you are staying.

If you would like to know futher information about registering as a temporary resident then please contact the surgery.